Saturday, April 5, 2008

Stop Sharing Crap And PAY FOR MUSIC !


So, after 3 hours of listening to music and buying records, I was planning on going to bed until I had this little interruption :

----------------------------------------
(6:44) [DJSinan] hi . , i need a track

[me] don't we all
(6:46) [DJSinan] just one fucking track
[me] three drives on a vinyl ???
[me] gross.
(6:48) [DJSinan] sure
(6:49) [DJSinan] take out three drives's all mixes bro
[me] what?
(6:51) [DJSinan] fuckin, i dont need three drives man , i think you want it
[me] ?
[me] it's in your share folder
(6:51) [DJSinan] no
[me] like it's fucking 2000 all over again and i'm suffering in some shitty aussie club
[me] no?
[me] um...
[me] yup
(6:52) [DJSinan] i m sharring 2.754 track man
[me] so?
[me] why should i put you in front of all these other people in queue?
(6:54) [DJSinan] couse 312 queue is too much ; )
(6:54) [DJSinan] maan i need this fuckin track
(6:54) [DJSinan] :)
[me] then go buy it
(6:55) [DJSinan] you did?
[me] how much do you spend on music every month?
(6:56) [DJSinan] sure! ..we have too many tracks in beatport
[me] ? you didn't answer my question ?
(6:58) [DJSinan] forget it man.. i m in this sector 15 years ago..
(6:59) [DJSinan] get it
(6:59) [DJSinan] you re really freak
[me] whatever, toy
(6:59) [DJSinan] ;)
[me] you're sharing almost 3000 files. so what.
[me] i'm sharing over 12,000
[me] and mine are actually organized in folders.
(7:00) [DJSinan] :) man you know everything
[me] sho 'nuff
[me] you buy records?
(7:01) [DJSinan] thats not my all
[me] please tell me english isn't your first language
(7:04) [DJSinan] yes buying or no ..so what?
[me] so if you aren't buying music, then you aren't supporting artists
(7:07) [DJSinan] that is true , i can think this. and i know but here is soulseek.and maybe we're here couse support artists but this fuckin program is not legal
[me] i have no idea what you're saying
(7:09) [DJSinan] forget it man
[me] no problem
(7:09) [DJSinan] yes u re true
[me] i already banned your artist-hating ass 10 minutes ago
[me] adios
----------------------------------------


People who message me, telling me "I need this!" and shit...that annoys the fuck out of me. Unless these morons have good shares, I pretty much ban them immediately on principle. Seriously, why should I move someone forward in my queue just because he bugs me?
Have I ever bugged a user like this?
Yes. Once. Just the other day. I've been waiting almost two fucking months now for this Steve O'Sullivan Quatre release. Because I'm pretty confident it's going to be great and then I'll have to hunt down the vinyl and buy it. As usual.

My favorite track tonight? Prins Thomas's Guade Loop. I played it 4 times.
It's on his Diskomiks EP. Funny thing is, I almost bought it on Discogs like an hour ago, not realizing that I ALREADY OWN THIS RECORD. This happens more often than I'd like to admit. Thank god for search engines in e-mail accounts. I save all my online purchase receipts, so if I have an inkling that I already own a record, I'll just run a search in my e-mail for the keyword.
Anyway. It's 7:30 a.m. Time to brush my teeth and go to bed.
My teeth brushing music? Guade Loop !!!
And then some Prototype 909 if getting ready for bed takes me longer than 6 minutes. Which it probably will. I'm easily distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment