Sunday, April 27, 2008

I Would Hate To Give You The Wrong Impression (I Also Have Pleasant Chats On SoulSeek As Well)

[me] you have pretty good taste
[me] from what i see, most of these are asd'd...you play them in ableton live?
[me] i mean...you have a marko furstenberg track for fuck's sake.
[me] respect!
(10:25) [5E11] well, just started trying out live recently
[me] wise caucasion, deadbeat, sami koivikko....
[me] seriously.
(10:27) [5E11] yeah, great stuff
(10:28) [5E11] esp. last deadbeat ep "mecca"
[me] i own most of all this shit on vinyl :)
(10:28) [5E11] damn... :-o
[me] it got REALLY bad the last year; i've had to slow down recently
(10:29) [5E11] you mean in the number of records?
[me] yes.
[me] and the money.
[me] and the time.
[me] and the obsessive batman detective work
(10:33) [5E11] haha, yeah too much good stuff out there
[me] no shit. and i got WAY too good at finding it
[me] geez, you even got rick wade
[me] you're not fucking around
(10:38) [5E11] haha, if you like rick wade, you should definately check out his older stuff on labels such as harmonie park and elevate
[me] :)
[me] i already OWN that stuff
(10:39) [5E11] nice!
[me] i got into 3 chairs stuff back in 2000
[me] before the ebay gouging
(10:40) [5E11] those are hard-to-find nowadays
[me] there's some stuff i didn't buy back then....because i didn't want to pay more than $20 for a record...and now i'm kicking myself. a lot of those are worth $50 - $200 now
[me] at least i own theo parrish's (nearly) entire discography
[me] and a most of moodymann/kenny dixon jr
(10:42) [5E11] damn... :-o
[me] lol !
[me] yeah. moving apartments is a real bitch :)
(10:43) [5E11] yeah, I understand now for sure! lol
[me] what about basic channel-inspired deepchord stuff...you dig that too?
(10:45) [5E11] some of it, I like the more dancefloor-orientated stuff they do
[me] okay.
(10:45) [5E11] such as CV313
[me] fuck yeah
(10:45) [5E11] and older basic channel stuff
(10:45) [5E11] phylyps trak, octagon etc.
[me] right
[me] got all those too
[me] do you know : thor - "aliens don't boogie"
(10:46) [5E11] no, thor doesn't ring a bell
[me] dl that track
[me] it's deep as fuck and definitely tips a hat to early basic channel
[me] you want the original. not the "mr. g remix"
(10:47) [5E11] ok
[me] here, i'll give you a couple more you may like and then i gotta go
[me] http://www.discogs.com/release/973357 (the b-side is a killer dub track)
[me] http://www.discogs.com/release/64625 (if you like deep/dubby techno that's definitely danceable, dean decosta is VERY consistent)
[me] oh... and most people wouldn't dance to this, except for me and a lot of the kids i met at mutek, but this is one of the DEEPEST tracks i've ever heard :
[me] theo parrish - "dance of the drunken drums"
[me] it's what got me hooked on detroit house in 2000. i heard it while i was living in australia. (they only played trance at the raves and it started to really annoy the fuck out of me)
(10:54) [5E11] yeah, I know that track, that's always way to deep
[me] lol
[me] well i love to take "risks" when i dj. so i play stuff like that.
(10:56) [5E11] well one thing for sure: you're not making it easy mixing those tracks
(10:56) [5E11] damn hard to mix imho
[me] i like challenges. i've made it easier by seperating records by tempo, rather than genre.
(11:03) [5E11] ah ok
[me] i hate adhering to any one kind of music. as long as it's in tempo (or you're good at hitting breaks) then it doesn't fucking matter
[me] keeping the beat and the energy going, maintaining a good flow...that's what matters most
(11:05) [5E11] Indeed :-)
[me] well it was cool chatting with someone who knows his shit.
[me] but i gotta go shower and eat now.
(11:07) [5E11] ok, thanks for your suggestions! I'll def. check them out!
[me] cool. i'm outta here. (are you going to DEMF this year...?)
(11:09) [5E11] no I live in Europa, too hard to come over I guess
[me] take care!
(11:09) [5E11] bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment