Monday, April 7, 2008

Note To Self : Take Frequent Breaks


I got back from dinner and everything around 8 or so.
I messed around a bit with setting up a replacement amplifier for my computer speakers/monitors since the 10+ year old Iawa is flaking out in the left channel.
I listed some dvds in my Amazon.com inventory.
And I organized a box of electronic stuff: power adapters (wall warts) and video game controllers and excess computer/pro audio power cables.
Other than some of this and that, I've spent the entire night and early morning purchasing records on discogs.com.
It's 7 a.m. now. So minus the 2 hours for the other excursions, I spent the last nine hours listening to music and buying records. I left my computer occasionally to get water or to take drugs (mostly prescribed), but really I was focused on the music.
If I'm going to abuse myself like this, I should at least take frequent breaks to stretch, look at something other than a computer monitor screen, and go outside and take in some fresh air.
Awww shit.
I'm bad.

Not all addictions are bad, though. I once knew a super cool girl who was addicted to exercise. Like that's fucking awesome. I'm addicted to taking walks during the summer, and I hate these Midwest winters when I can't get out and go walk a couple miles every day.

The records aren't evil. They're seductive.
And I'm weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment