Saturday, April 24, 2010

123 Is The New 128

Side B of Jens Zimmermann's A/B on Snork is the kind of sprawling, subtle affair that's easy to love these days. It sounds more like an excerpt from a jam than a carefully-structured composition. Free-flowing and smooth with that rolling bassline that's very similar to Villalobos's For Disco Only 2.

I got up at 3pm today and was running late. I ran out the door, throwing on a sweater with no shirt and shoes with no socks. I rushed into my car and my new Ray-Bans had fallen out of the car door in that half-second before it shut. I heard a 'crush' when I backed out of the driveway but didn't have time to stop and see what it was. When I returned I clearly saw my broken sunglasses. Amazing thing, the lens didn't crack, so I put it back in the mangled frame. They look beat up. And maybe I can identify with that and it endears them to me. Like they weren't really mine until I ran over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment