Monday, October 12, 2009

Invisible Bitchslap

I'd say Levon Vincent's Invisible Bitchslap [Deconstruct 01] is my favorite record of 2009 but it was released in late 2008. So I'll just say it's my favorite record of this last year. Better yet, it's one of my favorite records ever. So there.
Although the title track is very good, it's the hypnotic b-side roller Woman Is The Devil that has me dancing all over my kitchen while I make dinner. I could describe the track and tell you why I love it so much, but I'm not into that kind of writing. I think it's completely pointless and I've never gotten anything from writers who go into the structure of tracks or attempt to describe sounds. The only thing that matters to me is actually hearing the track. Woman Is The Devil is so good I only need to ask you one question: Do you like dance music? If you answered "yes" and you claim to be a dj of some kind then you need this record. You can mix it with house. You can mix it with techno. You can mix it with deep dub shit.

Solemn Days [Deconstruct 02] is also amazing. Buy it immediately. The Deconstruct releases--at present there's only two of them--are getting increasingly difficult to find, so good luck getting each for less than $20.

Want more great Records from Levon Vincent? Check out Novel Sound (featuring solid contributions from Jus Ed as well). And again, good luck. Six Figures [Novel Sound 02] is way the fuck sold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment