Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fuck You Rising Petroleum Costs

Shipping gets more expensive every year. The cost of freight, in general, has a higher rate of inflation than, say, eggs. However, since your eggs need to be shipped (using petroleum) the eggs are also more expensive. So when the cost of petroleum goes up EVERYTHING costs more. That's the law of a petroleum-based economy.

I'm now paying more than fifteen-fucking dollars for each of my import records. It's really pissing me off. I should be able to buy these from a U.S. distributor or retailer. But, as far as I know, there are none. Maybe I can get some of these records from Gramaphone Records (Chicago, IL) for $12 or less, but I wouldn't know because I don't live in a real city like Chicago. (Not yet.)

So here's my over-priced record order from the other day :

FURSTENBERG, Marko Repentance EP ARTLESS 2196 12" $11.60
LEFTOVER Eichenholz EP BAUM 002 12" $9.94
PULSHAR Nospheratu PHONOBOX 005 12" $13.26
KRUTON Nitro Hassle KRUTON 1-sided 12" $11.60

Subtotal $46.40
Shipping $18.72
GRAND TOTAL $65.13

That's an average of $16.28 per record. REE-FUCKING-DICK-U-LOUS.
Okay? This is fucking bullshit. There needs to be just ONE retailer in the U.S. who can work directly with the labels (or a good distributor of prime techno) to get me these records for less.

Why did I pay so much for these records...?
Glad you didn't ask.
Two reasons :
1) I cannot get them from any online U.S. retailer, as I already stated.
2) Have you heard these??? If you have and you can't recognize the genius in these records, then please, stop reading this now. You're a fucking retard, and you don't deserve my golden science.

No comments:

Post a Comment